Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PizzaParty!

The snow is falling like it's never going to stop.  It's a good night for take-out without going out.  Tastes better to make pizza at home!


Start by slicing up all the toppings you like.  We used shredded  mozzarella, pepperoni, onion, mushroom, red pepper and green olives. 


Then I make the dough.  I use my sister, Cheryl's recipe...

1 Tbsp of yeast
1  cup of warm water
1/4 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cups of flour

In my Kitchenaid, I mix yeast and sugar with warm water.  Let it proof for about 10 minutes til it is frothy.


Then stir in salt and olive oil and then the flour using the paddle attachment.  Replace with the dough hook and knead til it forms a smooth ball, adding a little more flour if necessary. Cover with a tea towel and let rest for 10 minutes.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


Brush a tablespoon of oil onto a round pizza pan.  I have an excellent one that Cheryl bought me for Christmas.  Spread your ball of dough out til it is thin and reaches the edge of the pan.


Then spoon about half a can of pizza sauce over the dough, top with mozzarella cheese and then all your toppings of choice.


Bake for about 20 minutes until browned and bubbly.  Then cut into slices and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment