Sunday, July 3, 2011

BBQ Asian Flank Steak


Looks good, doesn't it?  I can tell you it tasted great.  Marinated Flank Steak, skewers of mushrooms, onions and yellow peppers and roasted new red potatoes with garlic scapes.  I started out by marinating the flank steak for a couple of hours.


About 2 lbs of flank steak, marinated in one cup of soy sauce, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 3 Tbsp of cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp of Dijon mustard, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp of pepper.  I marinated the steak for 2 hours in the fridge.

About a half an hour before dinner, I cut up a large potato and tossed it with a Tbsp of olive oil and a couple of chopped garlic scapes in an aluminum pan.  I put on the BBQ under direct medium heat.  I turned the potatoes every 10 minutes.  After 20 minutes, I added the vegetable skewers (peppers, mushrooms and onions drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) and the flank steak.  After about another 10 minutes, potatoes and veggies were ready so I turned the heat off under them.  I turned the steak and BBQ'd another 15 minutes.  I wanted the steak fairly rare as I will be using it to make ginger beef for dinner tomorrow.  Love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment