Sunday, July 10, 2011

Salmon Pasta Salad


I love the summer and all the food that goes along with it - BBQs, salads and margaritas by the pool.  I made up a scrumptious salmon pasta salad today.  Very quick and very delish.  I cooked about 2 cups of corkscrew pasta and then drained and cooled it.  I grilled a salmon fillet and let that cool as well.


Then I chopped up about 2 cups of vegetables.  Today I diced a quarter of a orange pepper, a couple of Tbsp of shredded carrot, a couple of radishes cut into tiny matchsticks, a couple of slices of red onion, diced as well.  Then I added the juice of one lemon, a Tbsp of capers chopped and 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley and 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh dill.  The dill and parsley came out of my garden.  So nice to have fresh herbs at my doorstep.  You can use whatever vegetables you like - cucumbers, green onions, celery, blanched green beans, snow peas for example.  The choices are limitless.


Stir in the pasta and the chunks of grilled salmon.  Then add a couple of spoons of mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.  I like to start with a little mayo and add more if you need it but just add enough to moisten the salad - don't add so much that is becomes gloppy.  Nothing worse!

This is excellent for a light supper with a little green salad or for lunch (it's what I'm taking to work tomorrow).  This is a nice salad to take to a potluck supper - easy summer entertaining but tastes special. Enjoy your summer - don't spend it all in the kitchen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment