Monday, August 15, 2011

Chicken Fajita Salad

I made Chicken Fajita Salad tonight for dinner so I could try out my new Food Processor!!!!!!!!!


I started by making the dressing -  1/2 cup of salsa, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 Tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp mustard, a couple of shakes of salt and the juice of one lime.  Blend it all together in the food processor until it makes a fairly smooth dressing.


I plated the salad - mixed mesclun leaves, chopped fresh yellow pepper, lots of grape tomatoes from my garden and half an avocado, diced. Then I cooked the boneless, skinless chicken breast.  I seasoned them with salt and pepper and sprinkled fajita seasoning on both sides (you can get this at the grocery store or the bulk food).  I used a couple of teaspoons of oil to cook the chicken breasts.  If they start to brown too much, put a couple of tablespoons of water in the pan and cover it.


Once the chicken is cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.  Arrange it on top of salad and drizzle with your dressing.  Easy, delicious and health conscious.  A good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment