Sunday, August 14, 2011

Orange Ginger Beef


Excellent Sunday night dinner and it's Weight Watchers too!  My cousin, Dot came over for dinner tonight - not that she needs WW but this recipe is so tasty, you never feel like you're missing anything.
I'm trying to get some weight off so this may become a trend.  I hope you enjoy it...


I used 2 strip loin steaks for 4 servings and cut them into strips.  I then trimmed the beans and cut up a pepper into similar sized sticks.  The carrot was cut into matchsticks too but I cut them a bit thinner so they would cook at the same rate as the beans and pepper.  You can use as much vegetable as you would like.

I then grated the orange rind into a tablespoon of cornstarch.  The beef strips get tossed with the cornstarch mixture.


 Heat a couple of teaspoons of oil in a wok and stir fry the beef.


 While the beef is cooking, you have time to make the sauce.  Mix all the ingredients together.

1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp spicy chili sauce
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Once the beef is cooked (in batches), remove it to a plate.  Add a couple more teaspoons of oil and stir fry the vegetables for a few minutes.  I like the vegetables to still be quite crisp in my stir fries so I don't cook them very long.



Once I feel they are almost ready, I pour the sauce in.  Let it simmer a few minutes to thicken and add the beef back in.  Cook just til beef is hot again and serve. 


Bon Appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment