Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I had to make these cookies for Christmas because I love saying snickerdoodles...  I've never made them before but they were really easy and I think they've passed the taste test so I will make them again. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter (do not substitute)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon


Cream butter with sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Beat in flour.  Then chill dough so it is easier to form into balls.


Form about 3 dozen one inch balls.  Mix sugar and cinnamon together.  Roll each cookie in the sugar mixture and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.  The cookies need to be a couple of inches apart as they spread when they are baked.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.  I found they puffed up and were done when the cookie settled back down flat.  Good luck and enjoy your snickerdoodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment