Friday, January 20, 2012

Frogs' Legs


I had frogs' legs for dinner tonight.  I haven't had these since I was young but I noticed some at Flannigan's butcher shop and had to pick them up.  This used to be a childhood treat that my sister brought from Oshawa when she would come for the weekend so I had to try them again.

I've never cooked frogs' legs before so of course I went to the internet to do some investigation.  I found lots of interesting recipes but I wanted to keep it simple.  I decided I would just dredge them in flour and pan fry them in butter.  One hint was to soak them in milk first so I did that...for about an hour.


Then I dredged them in flour and pan fried them in butter.  Don't they look cute ;)


I served the little legs with mushroom rice and green beans.  The entire dinner took about 30 minutes to make.  If you ever find frogs legs, give them a try! They were great and the cats thought so too...

No comments:

Post a Comment