Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grilled Cheese Sandwich


Nothing fancy for dinner tonight.  It was a beautiful sunny day here and I spent most of the day in the garden, not in the kitchen.  Soooo we had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.

Very simple but good.  I grated marble cheddar cheese and sliced one green onion.


Then I butter one side of the bread and cook in a large frypan.


So buttered side down in pan, spread cheese and onion on bread and put on top slice, buttered side up.  Fry until bread is toasty and brown and flip to brown other side.  It is done when the cheese has melted.  I like the bite of the green onion and if you grate the cheese, I use about half the amount I use of sliced cheese.  Am I trying to argue that grilled cheese is healthy? Fuggedaboutit and Enjoy!


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment