Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lemon Madeleines


I made lemon madeleines for dessert last night.  They were so good - this recipe is one of Laura Calder's.  When I  read the ingredients, I was a little skeptical but they were the best madeleines I ever had.  Nice and light and  fresh and moist.

Ingredients

1 cup and 2 Tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
2/3 cup and 1 Tbsp of butter
1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp of honey
4 eggs
zest of one lemon
icing sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray your madeleine pan (see my recipe for coconut madeleines for full directions).  Mix flour and baking powder and salt together. Then melt butter and whisk in white and brown sugar, honey, eggs and lemon zest.  Add dry ingredients and mix to a smooth batter.  Pour into madeleine pans and bake 10 minutes.


I served them on a plate with some fresh strawberries dusted with icing sugar.  They were delicious.  My mother and I had orange duck for dinner and played a few games of Rummicube while enjoying our  dessert.  Happy Easter everyone.

Julie

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Julie. If I'd seen this recipe sooner I might have tried them for dessert today instead I'm making a soda cracker pie with fresh strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got it to post - moving into the current century

    ReplyDelete