Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shrimp Tacos


I attended a retirement potluck for my friend and co-worker, Sheila today.  It was a lovely party and everyone got together for one of the last times with our office closing in the not too distant future.  My friend, Cindy helped prepare these (it's her lovely hand modelling the taco!).  Sorry for the quality of the pix but they were taken on the fly...


I got this idea from Red Lobster's shrimp fest (we went last week).  I bought small soft taco shells and they are layered with some coleslaw mix, then cooked, chopped shrimp (a bag, thawed, cleaned and stir fried in 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter - salt and pepper to taste).   This is topped with a sauce I made from 1 cup of mayo and 2 Tbsp of sriracha (easy to serve if you use a squeeze bottle) and sprinkled with chopped tomato and onion.


It was easy to take to the party by putting the ingredients in containers and carrying them in on a heavy baking sheet.



A good time was had by all - congratulations Sheila!!!


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment