Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 5 Week 5

Dinner Friday was beer can chicken, fresh green beans and broccoli salad. Otherwise I had cereal, crackers and cheese and fruit.


I made the broccoli salad from scratch.  Here`s what I did...

Ingredients


In a bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp of mayo, the juice of one lime, 1 tsp of wine vinegar, 1 tsp of honey, 2 Tbsp of sunflower seeds, 2 Tbsp of raisins and 2 Tbsp of finely minced onions.  Toss with 3 to 4 cups of broccoli florets and cool before dinner.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.



Plans for dinner Saturday have changed.  I was going to make chicken pot pies and I will do so but they will be for Sunday now.

In Peterborough, Ribfest is on this weekend.  I won`t be attending  not just the calories but the crowds prevent me.  My sister, Connie decided this afternoon we would have our own Ribfest.  She is going to slowly smoke ribs all day and then finish them upon the BBQ with homemade sauce.  I`m making scalloped potatoes (recipe on a prior post) and am just heading out to the market to buy some nice fresh corn too.  I hope the weather holds out  (right now it's a scorcher) and we can spend the afternoon in the pool.  Have a nice weekend!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment