Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 7 Week 5

I've been really struggling to eat properly.  It's so hot and humid.  It saps my energy and steals my appetite.  My mornings start well.  I had a poached egg this morning.


Then the heat gets to me and the air quality is making me gasp for breath.  The asthma gets bad and I certainly don't feel like cooking.  For lunch today, I ate a couple of the ribs from last night.  Then dinner rolls around and my plans to make chicken pot pies fall by the way side.  Way too stifling to put the oven on.  I went and picked up a few groceries.  I brought back a couple of TV dinners and some hot dogs.  I ended up having a hot dog for dinner...


Not health conscious - I know.  I'm hoping the heatwave breaks soon and I'm praying for rain.  I can report though that I've lost 7 lbs in the last 5 weeks. Although it hasn't been smooth sailing and I don't feel I have developed healthy habits yet, I am not giving up.  I feel better and my clothes are looser.  I'm wearing clothes I couldn't fit into last summer and they are loose!  Since January 1, I've lost 22 lbs and that is enough to notice a difference...

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same problem. It's gotten too warm to be comfortable and I have no appetite so when I do decide to eat something it's just anything that's handy and doesn't take much work to fix. Last night it was peanut butter on whole wheat bread and a bowl of cherries. Congrats on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete