Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Meatloaf Dinner


I've had a break this past week.  I'm afraid that I ate what I wanted and now I'm afraid to step on the scale.  Maybe next week lol.

My mum made dinner tonight.  It was so nice to have a break from cooking and a comforting meal.  Helen's homemade meatloaf with the last of the chili sauce (better make some more soon), creamed potatoes livened up with a dash of freshly grated nutmeg and heirloom carrots.  Did you know that carrots used to be all different colours?

Soon I'll try out a new recipe for you, maybe this week.  My cousin is here for a short visit so hopefully he makes time to stop by for dinner...
Julie



2 comments:

  1. Meatloaf is one of my favorite meals. I actually like it as a sandwich the next day on toasted bread, a slice of melted cheese with lots of mayo and a dash of hot peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Julie, I think I figured out what to make for dinner, lol.

    That meatloaf looks delish.

    I totally get your comment, love the room thoughts...

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete