Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pool Party




We had a pool party at my sister, Connie's yesterday to cope with the sweltering heat.  We then had a nice potluck dinner in the air conditioning.  I didn't get a picture of Allyson's hors d'oeuvres that we enjoyed poolside but they were great.  She had rounds of French stick drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, slices of fresh mozzarella, local tomatoes and fresh basil leaves from the garden.  Yum!

Menu for dinner was pork and beef kebabs, rice, grilled veggies, Greek salad and cheddar herb beer bread.  For dessert, Cheryl made delicious fresh peach pie.  It was all about fresh ingredients.

Connie made the rice and veggies.  I made a Greek salad - romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, black olives and feta cheese.  Dressing was olive oil, red wine vinegar and dried oregano.  A slight variation on the recipe on my blog.


I made a family favourite - beer bread (the recipe is on this blog).


The kebabs were made from cubes of top sirloin steak and pork tenderloin.  I marinated each bowl of meat with 3 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 1/2 limes, 2 sliced garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp of  Herbes De Provence and salt and pepper.  I marinated them for about 6 hours before BBQing.


Da-da-da-da    PEACH PIE



Julie

2 comments:

  1. It all looks and sounds great. The past few days we've been having the kind of weather everyone else has been going though this summer. I haven't had an appetite and have only nibbled on melon and yesterday a tuna sandwich was even too heavy. I don't know how people can eat when it's this warm. Enjoy your week Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to stop reading these posts before breakfast, you make me so hungry, oh look on the side bar. It's chicken caesar pasta salad, oh and lemon madeleines...sigh.

    Hungry, Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete